Click here to access the session
Commemorated every year on November 20th on Universal Children’s Day and the anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children connects religious communities and child-focused secular organizations in a common endeavor to protect children’s rights and ensure their dignity.
This year the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children will bring together children and adults in an intergenerational dialogue on issues raised during the Global Week of Faith in Action for Children in regard to the role of faith communities in ending violence against children, promoting access to education, and taking action to end child poverty. The discussion will focus as well on the importance of strengthening advocacy efforts by engaging children in decisions that concern them and ensuring that children’s rights and well-being are safeguarded during COVID-19 and beyond.
- Ms. Rebeca Rios Kohn, Director, Prayer and Action for Children
Dialogue between Rev. Miyamoto and Children – Pre-recorded
Live dialogue with children
- Ms. Muzoon Almellehan, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
Children speaking with moderator:
- Emira, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Sanjay, India
- Lucía, Panama
- Ms. Amanda Rives, Sr. Director of External Engagement and Resource Development, World Vision International
- Ms. Audrey Kitagawa, Chair of the Board of Trustees of the Parliament of the World’s Religions
- Ms. Ornella Barros, Program Officer, Arigatou International Prayer and Action for Children Initiative
- Ms. Silvia Mazzarelli, Coordinator, Global Network of Religions for Children for Latin America and the Caribbean, Arigatou International
Closing remarks by Dr. Mustafa Y. Ali, Secretary General of the Global Network of Religions for Children, Director Arigatou International Kenya